Saturday, May 28, 2011

Love-Hate

I started replying to an email my cousin sent me, and I just couldn't find anything to say that didn't start with a complaint. So I just let it out: "I hate this, I hate that, I'm so unhappy."

And it was so weird. Once I started doing that, I felt this little grin creeping on to my face. And I was abashed to be spouting this stuff. I kept thinking, "no, I don't. I LOVE not having a car. I LOVE being a single mother. I LOVE having my own house."

It was like once I just let myself hate my life. I realized that it was such a lie. I love my life. There are areas that need tweaking, but I designed this life to be doing exactly what I wanted to do. And I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I just read your whole blog, from present to past and I loved every post!! It's beautiful and you are doing such a good job raising your son. Thanks for helping me re-center myself and focus on whats important with my own boys (6months old, twins).

    ReplyDelete